View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 09:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Oh yes, please apply to SSDI, because if/when WC stops paying you have that to fall back on. And depending on what WC is paying you, they might even pay a little on top of that. With enough documentation you may not even have to see one of the SSDI doctors. I just sent them my AME report and didn't have to see their medical doc (which was good because they were going to send me to an orthapedist, really???). I did go see their psych, but that was fine. I qualified on the first try.
RSD/CRPS is not on the "list" that they have, but they do have info on it. And if your doc also includes info about it on their reports in the AME/IME more the better. All I did was drown them in paperwork. Every single thing I had from WC they got. And then when I was approved, they dated it back to the original date of the injury. Which means my coverage date is then based on 6 months after that. So I got back pay (which for me wasn't much due to the amt. of my WC) from that date.
AND my Medicare time will base on that too. 2 years from the date they start covering you you can get Medicare.
Meanwhile, what the doc is doing is not the proper way to desensitize you, which I'm sure you know if you've already done desensitization. And you have the right to tell the doc not to do something, WC has no say in that, it is your body. If cold flares you up, then maybe he can warm up the wipes before touching with the wet wipe (if he's testing your ability to sense wet touches). But really, if it is causing HUGE flares, then it is causing more harm than good. Because it could worsen the CRPS.
Becca71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-23-2017), catra121 (10-23-2017), RSD ME (10-27-2017)