View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 10:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I know it may sound silly to those who have gone through the process...but I've been waiting to apply for SSD because I knew that once I was approved for LTD, LTD pays for advocates to help me apply for it and pays for attorneys if I am denied and it will make the whole process so much easier for me. Just...with everything else and all the other stress I just could not even think about applying for SSD. I actually started that process today. May sound crazy...but mentally this time last year I was at the end of my rope trying to deal with everything and I had to break it down into what I could deal with and what I couldn't. SSD was just that one extra thing I couldn't take dealing with.

And WC right now is paying NOTHING. Not TTD, no medical care, nothing. It's SO complicated and it does NOT work like it should. I am still employed by my employer and have had health insurance through them. I went a whole year with NO PAY because LTD denied me too. I appealed that and got paid back pay and am now getting ongoing pay but it took a year to get that. My health insurance was paying for everything...but denying the DRG treatment. I recently switched over to my husband's insurance and they so far seem to be approving the DRG (I should have heard by now if it was denied). It has been a FIGHT every step of the way and according to my attorney, my WC case could literally be in the courts for YEARS (like 5 or more...no joke...all the while I get nothing) because of the crap work comp is pulling...so it will be a long time before that is all sorted out...they don't even want to settle unless I resign from my job which I'm not willing to do yet because I still am hoping to get back there after this DRG treatment. WC is basically trying to use my case to write new law...so it is something that can and will be appealed regardless of what happens on the initial judgement.

I want to say that I REALLY appreciate everyone's advice. You guys are the best...and I always appreciate the honesty of members on this board. So I hope nothing I said came across as argumentative...just sharing some of the background as to why I have put some stuff off and what I've been going through...and this is just scratching the surface of the insanity. But I always appreciate everyone's thoughts and I always keep these things in mind when making decisions.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-25-2017), RSD ME (10-24-2017)