View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 12:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
Natalie, I had no idea this was happening to you and I pray that you stay symptom free during your treatment and are able to get back on Tysabri if you can. I know how well you have been while being treated with it.

I had a lumpectomy, fortunately it was just atypical cellular growth but it was suggested that I go on Tamoxifen, due to family medical history of BC. I had unbearable side effects from it so it was discontinued. I am just supposed to watch and test and mammo until the girls are flat or gone.

Sadly, I too have been taken off Tysabri for now. I tested positive for the first time in ten years for the JC virus antibodies. The doc thinks it is a false positive but due to circumstances beyond my control, I have no insurance at this point and cannot afford to retest.

My fiance took his own life while I was away visiting relatives in June and I am just now coming out of the fog of his loss. I found him when I came home, and believe he took his life less than 8 hours before I got back, after following the clues he left. We had a memorial service for him this past Sunday, and one in his hometown out of state in September. I am learning to live on my own again after almost twenty years with him by my side, and it's not going that well.

I had the blood test for JCV a week after his death, my insurance was done shortly afterwards and I just didn't care at that point. I canceled all my infusions (scheduled six months ahead) and other appointments, barely finished the college classes that I was in, withdrew from two, passed two and just gave up on one and took the F.

So here I am, not a very positive, upbeat report this time, eh? I have no job, no insurance and just don't care right now. I imagine I will wake up at some point and get myself together, but it's not going to be today.

Love to you, and filled with hope that you will get through your troubles,and come out clean and free of illness.
When it rains it storms doesn't it? I'm so sorry to hear about this awful news. No wonder you barely made it out of classes. The positive JC virus must have been a shock, followed by another shock of tragic proportion. I had a parent commit suicide. All I can say is you will get through this eventually and come out on the other side. I'm not saying it's easy or quick but you will make it. In the meantime it hurts so much and you are left numb to the world. I'm sending you all the positive energy and thoughts in the world.

Tamoxifen can be awful I've heard. No boob cancer for me but it did involve surgery that was highly intense. And I think to myself, really universe? You had to give me MS and then exactly 10 years later give me freakin' cancer??

I worry about your MS. Is there nothing you can take with help from the drug companies with free meds? My doc thinks the chemotherapy will keep the MS quiet because it suppresses your immune system. The question is what to do next? Sigh.

Anyhow all I can say is We will get through this.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grammie 2 3 (10-26-2017), Riverwild (11-15-2020)