View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 06:16 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Lebber,

Many have symptoms come directly from a subtle neck injury. There is large overlap of symptoms between those symptoms from bad blood flow due to neck issues and those that are from the trauma to the brain. Researchers discovered that those with stronger necks had fewer or shorter lasting symptoms. They claimed that a stronger neck reduced the jarring to the head. It is more likely that those with stronger necks suffer less or no neck injuries.

My last head injury was 90% neck. But, my PCS like symptoms were worse than any of my prior 13 concussions. I was a mess until my neck was treated 18 months later.

Regarding cranialsacral therapy. Research shows the spinal manipulations can be very beneficial. They can show no direct benefit from cranial work. The research I read was reported by an osteopath who is also a professor at a major osteopathic college. This research is why they changed the term Cranial Sacral Therapy to Osteopathic Manipulation. They are leaving out the Cranial part. I wish I had save a link so I could post his report. This does not negate any placebo value. Hands on touching is well known to have value in stimulating healthy responses regardless of actual therapeutic value.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote