Thread: exercise
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 11:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Everyone is different in their experience with MG, I imagine. Still, for most of us, more exercise is probably not better. There may be days on which we can't exercise safely at all, either due to an increase in symptoms, hot weather, or (heaven forbid) a crisis. For those who can manage it, some mild exercise can work. I think it is good to check with your doctor and find out what they recommend for you. I try to do some stretching every day. That seems to help me. I take the bus, and with that I do a bit of walking most days, usually just a couple of blocks here and there, but that is enough exercise for me. More than that sets me back. Other people may be different. I definitely can't walk a mile! However, even though it is a challenge for me to walk when I take the bus, I also think it has some benefits. It probably helps to keep me more strong and healthy, so if I can do it, I try to keep going. If it is a hot day or I am feeling weak, I don't go out. I wait for another day, or I try to get a ride if I can.

Best wishes,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-24-2017)