View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 05:58 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thanks for the info Mark Well before my concussion i already kinda knew that having a 'weak' neck can put you at risk for concussions. I actually have some limited work experience with acquired brain injuries believe it or not. But what you said made me understand it much more. I didn't realise that the neck can be such a big part of it all.

And for the therapy. Well as a psychologist i also wondered if it was placebo or not. I think partly real effect, partly placebo. What went better for me? No more fog, very significant drop in headaches/tingly brain feeling, weirdly also right after the session my right ear popped and the pressure readjusted itself. I have no idea how that last improvement came. Maybe coincidence? What was the placebo part of it? The therapy made me relax, way less stress. And stress makes everything worse. Now i can manage my tinnitus better and relax more, be more happy.
I did have a spinal adjusted between my shoulders at the same time. So that most likely contributed as well. Unfortunately i will have to wait for spinal adjustment in my neck. According to the osteopath the soft tissue damage is so bad, adjusting the spine at this moment is a risk for further injury. So I'll have to wait for that to happen.

Things are slowely getting better . My sleep is starting to get better, tinnitus bothers me less and less. The only thing remaining is the severe fatigue. I can only have patience and believe i get better. Compared to the first 2 months, things actually have drastically improved.

Going through this is a humbling experience. Before i thought that i knew a lot about the brain. Boy was i wrong. I remember someone once told me: "you can never understand what it is, unless you have brain injury yourself". So true. I'm glad to have joined this forum. It made me even understand more. And luckily we have people like Mark who share their knowledge
Lebber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote