View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 01:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Okay, I went to my pain dr appt yesterday. He asked me if I had a good time at the pharmacy recently. I laughed and told him briefly what happened. He has spoken to the 'dr' at the pharmacy and told her I was not one to worry about.

He said its the DEA that's on everyone's case and held up a sheet full of names (his patients) that the DEA wants explanations for. If someone has been on pain meds for a while, their name was on the list. He said he has a stage 4 cancer patient on the list who shouldn't be walking because his spine is about to crumble.

I explained that the more I stood up for myself at the pharmacy, the more I sounded like a junky.
He said that was happening to everyone and was a sad side effect to the new policy. He said we can't fight it, so we'll adapt to it.

My old meds were Tramadol 50x3 and Lyrica 75x2.
My new ones are Lyrica 75x2, half rx of Tramadol 25x3 and Butrans patch. Can't read the rx if its 7.5 or 75.

Basically I'm going to wean off Tramadol and go to the patch which is a 'long term' pain reliever. Long term is the key, I guess. I was rx'd the patch a couple of years ago and was denied. The dr said that will no longer be a problem.

I guess everyone on pain meds here can expect to go thru yhe same crappola I did.
surfer00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cliffman (10-26-2017), ger715 (10-27-2017), PamelaJune (10-26-2017), pinkynose (10-25-2017)