View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 07:59 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Looking at all the possibilities

I was in a car accident back in 2015 and didn't develop any symptoms until 5-6 months after. Long story short, I came home one day and experienced a vertigo attack which lasted around 5-10 minutes and felt like I was having a heart attack. Ever since I've had lite dizziness and brain/eye fatigue. I've been researching more about neck injuries as the main culprit and I stumbled on something called VBI (Vertebrobasilar Insufficiency). Since I'm only 34 and don't smoke and generally in good health I would like to know what other board members think about this condition as a self-diagnosis? I've gone through all of the exams and scans and every time the results came back negative for any problems. I'm 99% positive the whiplash from my car accident is the main cause of all my problems and not so much a neurological manifestation. Should I completely rule out VBI or go back and get another CT and MRI of the brain or just accept that my brain is still healing after 2+ years and it might take many months or years to fully recover? I'm also a strong advocate against taking prescription pills and the first thing my neurologist recommended is amitriptyline which I will not take. I've been seeing improvements with natural supplements and have not yet reached a point where I can't function without meds.
StayPositiveNStrong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote