View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 12:52 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

SPNS,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

You may very well suffer from VBI. But, it is a broad concept. The question is What is causing it? Upper cervical inflammation can cause reduced blood flow.

The subtle neck injuries common to concussions and whiplash are often not visible in images. The radiologists who read the images do not often recognize the fine differences of such injuries as abnormal. Upper cervical chiros may be able to identify them. There is a motion imaging technique that may show instability.

You may have suffered a ministroke when the dizziness manifested. Certain neck movements can cause them. Small pieces of plaque in the vertebral arteries can break free and cause a ministroke. They do not show up on imaging either since they are usually transient. My wife likely had a ministroke last spring and recovered progressively over 24 to 48 hours. She felt like everything was leaning to the left. She passed all the vestibular tests.

A high T MRI angio may show something but it would be very unusual. The treatment would be blood thinners like aspirin to prescription versions. A CT Scan would be minimally useful to rule out a bleed. At this point, any bleed would have healed.

I doubt any doctors will give your complaints much credibility unless they are evident in a neurological exam. Nystagmus, balancing, finger to nose and other tests would be commonly done.

It's a tough problem.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote