View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 12:15 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
SPNS,

There are plenty of anti-inflammatory substances. Fish oil, ibuprofen, aspirin. They also thin the blood.

For me, the inflammation was triggered by poor sleep posture. Too much head lift and tilt. My neck would respond with inflammation. The decreased blood flow would interrupt my breathing triggers and I would stop breathing as much as 16 times per hour. 20% of the treatment what physical therapy and chiropractic. The rest was my discipline to sleep in a good position, usually on my back with minimal pillow lift.

Chronic sleep problems like untreated sleep apnea can take decades to slowly atrophy the brain. There is no current way of rebuilding the lost brain tissue. The brain starts to naturally deteriorate at 25 with it accelerating at 40 to 45. Brain cells are always dying. They are not replaced fast enough to keep up with normal cell death.

Axonal injuries are within the brain tissue and are from the sheering forces as the brain bounces around inside the skull.

By definition, diffuse axonal injuries are throughout the brain. Look up diffuse. If there is focused damage in the neck, that would not be diffuse. There is a thing called a brain stem concussion where the impact forces bounce the brain stem around. It is not mentioned very often.
Brain atrophy can be diagnosed with imaging test? if so with which test?

Can brain stem concussion heal and if so, how long does it take?
Danielson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote