View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 07:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh yes Pinkynose, it's definitely due to the pseudoephedrine. I am saddened there is still no mechanism /system in place in place to record patients who go doctor/drug shopping. The opioid epidemic which is now threatening the innocent lives of chronic pain sufferers who get no "high" whatsoever could be significantly reduced if they were to record opioid purchases /script issues across the board as they do pseudoephedrine.

I am a registered S8 user, I willingly signed & approved the registration in 2008, not knowing then it would mean every time I go to ER I'm flagged as a "drug addict". I use the same GP, she rings a number each time I get my scripts, quotes my Medicare number, the amount prescribed, her licence number & reason for medication issue.

I have never misused my medication, but sadly it was made abundantly clear to me this year on or around July 10th when I attended ER by ambulance for the severe pain I was in with my back & I was discharged within 2hrs. The ED treated me in a manner I have never been treated in my life & I know it was because of the S8 register. The ED DR kept saying repeatedly their job was to control my pain & discharge me, she told me to take Panamax every 6hrs, there was no visible fracture & I was there just to get my hands on more drugs. Ironically I had all the drugs I needed at home only they weren't working as there was something wrong, I attended another hospital & I've just had a Retroperitoneal Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion.

Sorry that's off topic, they do have systems available to track I believe it's just all the little pharmacies & chemists don't have the software to link up & I don't know if it will ever become law to make them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkynose View Post
If the medicine had Pseudoephedrine in it (used to make methamphetamine) then that could be the reason. That's not a new law.