View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 04:29 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPositiveNStrong View Post
It was a T-Bone accident. The other car hit me driver's side while I was stationary at around 45-55 MPH. I was wearing my seat-belt and during impact I did not sustain head trauma. I must have gone into shock for a few 5-10 seconds after impact but I never lost consciousness and I remember every detail of the accident. The symptoms I experienced came in 15 months after my car accident which included:
  • Dizziness (while driving and walking around)
  • Fluorescent light sensitivity
  • Sensitivity to certain sound frequencies
  • Sensitivity to large crowds (malls, grocery stores, etc.)
  • Cloudy/foggy brain
  • Mild headaches
  • Interrupted sleep pattern (likely caused by high anxiety)
  • Racing heart (likely caused by high anxiety and phobia of symptoms getting worse)
My current symptoms as of today:
  • Dizziness (while driving and walking around) - It has gotten better but I'm hoping for a full recovery
  • Mild headaches (they come and go but manageable without meds and don't last long)
  • Sensitivity to certain sound frequencies (I can now listen to music at lower/med levels. Switching on my sub-woofer and amplifying lower frequencies tend to make my symptoms worse)

It's also important to note that right after my accident I continued living my life normally as I didn't experience any symptoms right away. I was going to bars, clubs & drinking hard. I was also practicing kick-boxing 3x a week and working on the computer for 8+ hours a day. I never really gave my brain a chance to heal.

15 months is a long time, are you sure that the cause was the car accident and not something else, like a bad hit in kickboxing sparring? (by the way, I also trained MMA and have done a couple of sparring, coupled with partyng and driking, the month after the accident when I still believed that my symptoms were a stress-related psychomatic disorder, so I can emphatize a lot with you, altough my symptoms came right away a day and half after the accident).

Also, did you have not cognitive deficit such as trouble thinking, trouble reading, trouble putting your feelings in actual toughts and sentences and/or memory problems?
Danielson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote