View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 08:18 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

So, you developed symptoms and researched and chose the accident as the cause and PCS as the diagnosis. I don't think there is any evidence to link your symptoms to the accident.

The typical PCS symptoms can also be caused by many other issues.

My observation is you had a TIA or something similar and were struck hard with a 'What the ..... happened?" anxiety. With this anxiety, you became super sensitive to any sense of dizziness. Now, you maintain this super sensitivity to any dizziness.

I deal with 2 kinds of dizziness. The blood pressure kind that resolves when I give my BP a chance to catch up after getting up from a chair. The other dizziness manifests when I am overstimulated. I can usually overcome it by stopping to focus and catch my bearings. I can also get a sense of dizziness from thinking about dizziness. If I stop what I am doing to check to see if I am dizzy, I will notice some sensation of dizziness. If I ignore it, it goes away.

A similar situation happens with headaches. When somebody on NT complains about head aches, as I write a post, I will notice a head ache.

This is a known phenomenon sometimes called a memorized response. Thinking about a past condition can cause the symptoms of that condition to manifest. Therapy (CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) can help to break the memorized response.

A large part of balance is dependent on visual perception. Any visual problems can cause a sense of dizziness.

The tests you have already had likely cover any issues the Doppler will find other than imaging plaque that has formed in your arteries.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote