Thread: Spread
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 04:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have had spread from my hands to my feet. I get swelling, burning, redness, shiny skin, sweating and excessive hair growth. I also have spread to my stomach, mouth, teeth, scalp and eyes. My PM dr has had to increase my pain meds because of this pain. That is about all he can do because I have had rsd for over six years now. If it were in it's early stages they may have been able to do more. My right eye only opens halfway because of a swollen eyelid. I also get dry eye, infections, styes and blurry vision and pain in my eyes. In addition I was recently diagnosed with cataracts in both eyes. I am in my early fifties and my dr feels that rsd can affect the eyes. There is not much they can do but provide eye drops for the dry eyes and do cataract surgery but not until a few more years because my cataracts are in their early stages. It's very scary when spread occurs but I try to just take things one day at a time and move as much as I possibly can and am trying to lose weight and eat better. Hoping your spread stops soon and that you find some comfort in knowing you're not alone. Hugs and Prayers to you my friend.
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (10-30-2017), St George 2013 (11-01-2017)