View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 12:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Under HIPAA you of course can review and make copies of your medical records. You can also make corrections to any errors in your medical records.

How to Correct Medical Record Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodfrogs View Post
Hi janie. Thanks for the response. I get worried when doctors start writing wrong things, especially since I've had family members who went through misdiagnosis nightmares before. In a small town so doctors are very cliquish here and tend not to disagree with each other.

Fortunately the celiac diagnosis is not in question (I had blood work and biopsy to confirm years ago) and I also have atypical celiac. Several doctors, although not the neurologist, pointed to celiac as being potentially the cause of the neuropathy, which I agree with. But I was also told they can't confirm that I even have neuropathy or how to treat it without a test showing objectively (e.g. blood or biopsy) that I have neuropathy, nerve or tissue damage.

I noticed you have small fiber neuropathy diagnosis in your tag. This is something I wanted to ask to be tested for since I have read papers on SFN and Celiac disease. I am supposed to get muscle/nerve biopsies and nerve conduction test out of state, but I think these do not detect issues with small fibers.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (01-11-2018), mrsD (10-31-2017), pinkynose (11-01-2017)