View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 08:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

shanebox,

Neurogenesis takes much longer than 6 weeks. It takes thousands of repetitions to program those few new neurons. Think of it as unformatted memory that cannot be used until a path is made to it. This is sometimes called indexing

CogFX tries to push that timeline. Mostly, they just work are reawakening areas that have become dormant.

It's odd that they claim fMRI data is a proprietary form of data. fMRIs are common and they do not have any special way of imaging. Their proprietary concepts are how they interpret that data and use it to direct their therapies.

I agree with you that many with noticeable improvements may have attained those improvements without CogFX. They have never done any studies to prove otherwise.

I had similar results with brain training. I got good at the exercises but did not improve my global functions. Studies show that brain training only improves the limited skill sets of that exercise.

The brain training that is shown to have benefits trains quick response functions and observation skills. Most benefits are limited to healthy brains because injured brains are often overtaxed. I've contacted these companies and begged them to look at injured brains.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote