View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 04:54 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

The brain game series they give you to take home is called brainHQ, which is the only program backed by multiple studies. These games are designed specifically so you are not just getting better at the games. You can see how that would be the case with many of the exercises, as the correct answers are randomly generated.

Sadly, I believe Cognitive FX did not benefit me much either, and in other ways I think I actually became worse, even despite showing a lot of improvement on the scan. I have more trouble reading now and struggle more with anger and self harm. My sensitivity to hemp oil has gone down, and my intolerance to alcohol, pot, sugar, and caffeine has risen again.

I also found it strange that Dr. Fong told me that she couldn't get me visual copies of my functional scans, even though they posted one example on their blog. She also downplayed the possibility of white matter damage because my T1 MRI came back negative, which I found suspicious, firstly because that MRI is not sensitive enough to show anything but widespread DAI, and since DTI is known to be able to detect the abnormalities indicating axonal damage. Given that my Thalamus, Basal Ganglia, and Superior Colliculus were all dormant, you can tell the damage is deep in the brain where the shearing forces are greater, yet she insisted there was no white matter injury.

I would suggest that the neurovascular adaptations they detect have emerged for a reason, and that if you attempt to shift the brain toward its previous configuration you may actually be trying to reemploy circuitry which is dysfunctional, leading to more dysfunction overall. The shift in blood flow may be the brain trying to maximize its own remaining assets. There is another review on Google Reviews where another person claimed the treatment made his symptoms worse as well, and was the only one that did out of everything he had tried.

I'd also speculate that, given that all brain injuries are different, some people may have most of their problems in relation to abnormal blood flow in the brain, but may not have white matter damage or other problems, which is why they respond well to this therapy. Most I think are not so lucky.

Last edited by SilenceIsSacred; 11-01-2017 at 05:50 AM.
SilenceIsSacred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote