Thread: KathyM
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 02:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi my friends... I'm incognito because of relatives visiting the past 10 days (sister Sparkle still here )...

KathyM... I'm ashamed to say that the pepper spray incident happened HERE in my area. It made the tv news for many days and still isn't over. It was an annual soccer win celebration and the ignorant RCMP member did NOT have any business abusing their "power"... it has done a terrible damage to the advances we have all made to get along.

Apparently the Chief has forgiven the RCMP which in turn has his people very upset, demanding that he no longer be Chief.

I am ashamed of the prejudice in our world.... and equally saddened and disturbed by the fact that we seem to forget that the person we persecute is a brother or sister human being.

Someone very close to me has learned that one of her children is gay. Until that time, she was very critical of gay people and thus, was prejudice. It makes me sad that it took a "rude awakening" to change her views that being gay was a "choice" or a "bad thing".

I forgive those who live in silence and ignorance behind rose coloured glasses.
I cannot forgive those who make a loud statement with their prejudice ... without reason or understanding they destroy their fellow humans.
That, to me, is unforgiveable.

I hope the war is over soon.
I want every mother's son and daughter home safely.
Sadly, they will never be the same.

I apologive for my thoughts running all over today.

Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote