View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 04:27 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
BrainHQ and the many others have been studied extensively. They can awaken dormant skills but do little to effect healing based improvements. Those studies showed the goal should be improving processing/response speed and enhancing observational skills as those improvements effect more global improvements. The other skills are focal improvements and are task oriented.

I would love to see a study that shows brain training works to retrain injured brains beyond the wake up or retrain dormant or lazy skills concept.
The things you listed are exactly what many of the exercises target, observational skills and response speed specifically, as well as memory. Because the correct answers in the memory tasks are randomly generated, that ought to be a legitimate test.

Also, I do not want to say I had 0 improvement, but that it was modest if any. When I went there I could tell for sure just how bad my memory was, and if I went by the brainHQ scores my memory has improved significantly. But in daily functioning I still have lots of problems. Mark is right in that their lack of neuropsych testing makes it hard to tell for certain.

Last edited by SilenceIsSacred; 11-01-2017 at 06:07 PM.
SilenceIsSacred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote