View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 03:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 810 days

DB is 810 days sober. How our lives have changed. I think for the better, I know for the better. His health which has been a roller coaster will get better as he decreases the sugar intake, but as his GP said sugar is better than a glass full of beer.

We had a bit of a moment the other day, he told me how he had told his Psychologist how crushed he was my operation hadn't been the success he thought it would be. I listened calmly while he went on about his disappointment & I said to him evenly, have you thought of how I feel. Now we've been told I had the operation, they couldn't complete it, I've endured all these complications and to boot, I can never bend or twist again. I can't even bend to feed the animals or pick my cat up. (I'm getting really adept at 1/2 squats though, just have to be mindful I can (& already have) fall flat in my back)

So I shared with him this photo someone from a chronic pain group I belong to had shared with me about this time last year. I thought it was appropriate. I think DB has read & taken on board life has changed, it's not ever going to return to what it was. I could point out the obvious, life changed when he stopped drinking, not because I suffered back injuries, I've suffered these back injuries since I was 16, I've broken it 4 or 5 times. But I don't say that, I don't say that at all.

Here is the photo..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1207.jpg (198.4 KB, 26 views)
eva5667faliure (11-23-2017), ger715 (11-02-2017), kiwi33 (11-02-2017), Wide-O (11-02-2017)