View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 02:15 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Heart New member

Hi, I came across this thread because I had never had the flu shot but was given the vaccine during pregnancy and then again postpartum. I developed a few autoimmune diseases after from Autoimmune Dysatuonomia, immune mediated polyneuropathy, pernicious anemia, Sjogrens Syndrome/SSA/Ro and a peripheral neuropathy. I acquired EBV around age 8, which oddly led to shingles first then severe mono later, I always caught viruses and had chronic infections but my family would get sick with the flu and I wouldn’t. I was born with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and a neuromuscular disease where I didn’t walk independently until age 2.5 but after the flu vaccines, my immune system turned against me and unleashed a neurological attack on my body. I have Narcolepsy as well and I was on IVIg for a year but due to billers being incompetent and billing the wrong insurance for 4 months, I ended uo being forced to abruptly stop vs. transition to CellCept as planned. My MCV is now 109, MCH is 36 Hb is 11. My nuertrophils are high and lymphocytes are low. I have the MTHF mutation and the GAD65 antibody I am slowly wasting away and have a 3 year old. If anyone has some info to help with any of these topics, I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much and it was helpful to read the different experiences with the vaccine vs. still acquiring the flu with autoimmune diseases
NeuroMess6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote