View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 02:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimples1945 View Post
I've had neuropathy for several years and have been on Gabapentin. Because I am now in the 'donut hole' with my insurance (for about 4 months) I haven't taken the Gaba because of cost. Since I have been off the med, I find that I am not steady on my feet and feel like the bottom of my feet are not even. I also have a fear of falling. And I walk slow, almost with a 'shuffle'. Could this have anything to do with not taking the Gaba?
It may have something to do with not taking the Gaba. I have PIN now for about 20 years, and that's exactly how my feet and legs feel. I don't take any kind of prescription meds because I can live with it for now. I might have to consider differently as it progresses, as it has within this past year. I know the meds don't cure it, and I don't want to deal with the side effects.

We each have our own way of dealing with this dreaded disease, and for now I choose to work on my eating habits and supplement regime. There is a wealth of information right here as far as supplements, vitamins, topical creams, and nutrition. I've followed through on all of them, and I believe it has helped me.

I wish you well.

It ain't what it's gonna' b
e...

It is what it is!...
Rosie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chicosalt (11-10-2017), dimples1945 (11-03-2017), ElaineD (11-03-2017)