View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 06:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks all for posting this content

Hi Guys I live in the backyard of the world - Australia where laws change so slowly. This is encouraging.
I am sorry I haven't been well enough to visit for sooooo very long but having had this horror of a life for 15 + years I am at wits end. Oh and apologies for typos.

Each year when we go into our long hot summer I go into a fear state of the heat and life itself - keeping food in the house is so very hard. I hibernate in the A/C house but the breeze from the unit puts me through hell and then there is the thermal shock which no one here can comprehend. I "walk" around in utter melt-down actually wet all over with pain sweat should I have to go out in the daytime and people are scared to be near me as I look so very ill.
For those who do not know as it's been so long since I posted, I have severe CRPS R knee / lower leg with the most horrid untreatable peripheral neuropathy with accompanying pyrexias etc.

You all know this story so to cut it short this MMJ is really something I want to try MMJ in one form or another but I cannot see a way around the legal speed humps.
We are both close to retirement age now and for real reasons I cannot go sown the illegal track as it could jeopardise our financial future and my marriage but you have given me the faith that some sanity that may come in time.

As with many here NONE of the usual drugs have helped including intrathecal pumps, localised stimulators and all the gambit of drugs available on Rx here and herbals etc.

The last time I went to my GP our authorities system (Govt pen pushers) cut back on my prescribed number of Endone to 5 mg per day so I have been totally miserable in pain beyond my belief and my GP is stuck in the company rut of trying to make me check for those issues that might onset with age - I think there is a bonus system for pathology in play here.

Frankly I don't care as my "good" leg is now grinding bone after having to support the CRPS affected leg for these last 15 or so years .....all I want is Quality of life I DONT CARE IF I DIE with the life I write of without some quality to speak of. My dad is still going, yet with sudden onset dementia at 91 yo. so it this not fill me with confidence. His brother is older. I am sadly from long-lived stock. As my CRPS resulted dodgy surgery from repair of a torn meniscus after a work accident I am not keen for more surgery. Cutters cut after all. I have little trust of our medical system.

Again thanks for the inspiration to pursue this MMJ issue as much as I can. It is the only light at the end of this long tunnel and I thank you all for your constructive and encouraging comments.
These are the most enlightened experience-based writings I have seen on the subject.
All the best to ALL of you good folk.

Last edited by Auberon; 11-03-2017 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Missed a point
Auberon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
shelbie4u (11-04-2017)