View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 03:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
I just wanted to say that this is such a great thread. I've become brokenhearted reading some of the replies, and yet become inspired at the same time at the courage displayed. Thanks to all...
I couldn't agree more. I thought about asking that this thread be put in the Sticky section until it was pointed out to me that very few, if any, recently diagnosed parkies responded. Perhaps it is a little too intense for some.

I agree with many who responded that I feel much of the time that I am a better person now than before pd. I am now much more easy going and accept things that I have no control over. I often thank God that He has given me some hard times so I can be thankful for the good times.

My girl friend told me a doctor told her once that her health problems were merely an extension of growing old. How many of our symptoms would we have anyway, because of our age, but are compounded because of the pd? It is so easy to blame all of our ailments on the pd. If we look at it that way then maybe the symptoms can be a little easier to accept.

The only symptom that has changed my everyday behavior to a large degree is the mobility problem. I am slow getting around, quick to get tired and have back pain, fall easily, and walk like a drunken sailor most of the time. All the other little problems, poor handwriting, tremors and slurred speech during off times, pain and stiffness in my arms I can accept. I am planning a Mexican cruise in December and hope I can survive the long hours on my feet.

Thanks again Ann for starting this thread.
DaleD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote