View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 01:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I’m in that vicious cycle that you describe where you can’t sleep because of pain and when I do wake up in middle of night, can’t get back to sleep because of pain which in turn makes next day unbearable thus causing even more pain.

The best sleep I’ve got via sleep aid was amitryptaline. I used this year 1-3 after my accident and was effective at putting me to sleep and staying asleep. Once I had kids, my sleep cycle became severely messed up and now am also battling opiate withdrawal plus no medicine to help with headaches(naproxen does nothing for me).

I’ve tried miratzapin, oxazepam(benzo), ambien. These all made me too groggy/depressed the next day and I could get to bed, but not stay asleep.

Now I’m on gabapentin isn’t working either. Mayo doctors aren’t helping me at all try to sort this out. I know it’s complicated and there may not be any effective drug for PCS plus sleep aid but feels like I’m screwed.

Everyone brain chemistry different though so just have to try and see how you feel. Let me know if you find something that works.
todayistomorrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lebber (11-05-2017)