View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Lebber,

What is you mind doing when you can't get to sleep or wake up and can't fall back asleep?

What sensations or thoughts besides the tinnitus are alerting your mind?

Do you feel cozy in bed? Are you comfortable, I mean feeling like you are on a cloud?

I use an electric mattress pad to prewarm the bed so I don;t sense that cool bed when I first get in. It also helps to finish with bathroom duties a half hour before going to bed. Some how, emptying the bladder tends to be a wake up call.

I spent years afraid to try to try to go to bed because sleep was so miserable. Then, I found how to remove all of the sensations so I could sleep. I have a TBI friend who has a TV in his bedroom and goes to sleep watching one of a few movies. This can occupy the visual and auditory parts of the brain in a non-stimulating way. I used to go to sleep watching Celtic Woman music videos. I called it putting the girls on so I could going to sleep with them.

I was considering a digital projector so I could watch videos on the ceiling. What ever system works, it is worth the effort to figure it out.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote