Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 09:03 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I was right about why the doctor called my husband on Saturday.

I still have no answers because the CAT scan failed to show the calcium deposits that showed up on the ultrasound. My nephrologist said he would be at the hospital on Thursday and would consult with the radiologists.
Why didn't he just order the contrast!!!

I asked about the calcium deposits in my vascular system, and he said he hadn't noticed that in the (short) radiologist's report. He said it was unusual for a 37 yo woman, and said he will ask the radiologists about that, too.
When I asked him what I should do about it, he told me to stop smoking
When I find out what the radiologists have to say about it, I'll consult my PCP about it.

He said all my recent blood work and pee tests were okay. He isn't concerned about my parathyroid. He said my parathyroid hormone was so low because my "vitamins are so good." It is well outside the normal range... I forgot to ask a question I should have...

Anyway, I am waiting again.
I will call his office Monday if I don't hear from him before then.

I have come down a lot, but I am still hypo. My biggest issue is psycho-motor agitation. It's better than it was before, but I still just can't sit still. I saw my pdoc this morning and she's having me double my 300mg dose of gabapentin for 3 days before going down to 400mg until I see her in 2 weeks. I think 400mg will be too much for that long tho.

I saw her at 7:30 and I have my Tysabri (MS med) infusion at 10am, which has left me with a little over an hour here at home.

I'm hoping I don't get that super-slow nurse again :roll eyes:
I don't want to get stuck there all day.

It would be nice if I could take a nap when I get home, but there's little chance of that.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-08-2017), Dmom3005 (11-08-2017), Mari (11-10-2017), mymorgy (11-08-2017)