View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 09:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It has been almost a year since my surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Thompson. My results are mixed. My good days are better, but my bad days are worse. My good days are with a pain level of 4-5 my average days are 5-6 and my bad days are 9-10.

I can wear a watch again, I have not been able to wear one for the last 7 years. But when I am driving, my left arm now goes numb on the portion of the arm that you rest on the door when you are driving.

My left hand same side as the surgery, it goes from normal to pins and needles and to feeling like anything I touch is cutting me.

My arthritis in my neck and shoulder areas is worse now also. I am not sure if it is from the surgery, or my age, but any weather change almost puts me down for most of the day.

The skin on my upper chest by my left arm pit is still very sensitive, I have to watch seat belts and anything else that touchs that area.

I am still taking the maximum dosage of Methocarbamol, 600 mg Motrin and 50 mg Ultram every 8 hours and still the pain is very high at times.

My average pain has been treading up with last few months and it has taken a drastic upward trend since the weather started to change. This last weekend, I had to leave a Church Revival because the pain was at a 9. When I went out to dinner with my wife and son, I was at a 9 and did not get to enjoy visiting with my son who moved out recently.

I am getting a MRI and a MRA next week in preparation to seeing a doctor to get Botox shots in my right Scalene muscles.

I am working again, but I am not sure how long I will be able to work full time, it is very hard to concentrate while being in pain all the time.

Just to give a back up on my TOS. I first started getting symptoms back in 1995 before my son was born, the USN thought it was due to neck spine locking up. I have had one surgery on my right side and it rarely bothers me, unless I over do it and do things I am not suppose to do.

I have had a total of 3 surgeries on my left side. I had a Partial Rib restructuring almost 10 years ago at the VA. I had my left minor pectoral muscle detached about 7 years. I had my last surgery with Dr Thompson Dec 11, 2016 and he said there was a lot of scar tissue built up on my nerves, it took him one hour longer than normal due to the extensive scar tissue. He said it could take a couple of years for the nerves to return to normal if they do at all.

I had hoped that having surgery with Dr Thompson would be the magic bullet to fix my left side, but now I regret having the surgery a lot of the time.
moltra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (11-08-2017), Jomar (11-08-2017)