View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 01:07 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default someone please help me!

first off, i have trigeminal neuralgia and atypical all mixed together on both sides (lucky me) and its either that or the medication that stop me from getting numb.
so 8 days ago i had a bottom back tooth out and thankfully the dentist had got me numb, i had 4 shots and he said he used a different technique, it was a difficult extraction and in the end had to use the drill and im sure he said he took out some bone. i can't be sure. i went home and all was fine till next morning, had some pain that gradually got worse and worse. i kept looking in my mouth and checking to see if it looked ok but it was worrying me so i nipped into my normal dentist and he looked and said everything had healed up nicely and no sign of dry socket which i have had before, i had a bad taste in my mouth and was hurting but nothing like the dry socket i had years ago.

pain got worse and worse and since the extraction i haven't been able to bite down on the tooth next to extracted one and had been taking painkillers around the clock. so i called hospital dentist who asked me to go in, it was the same dentist and he said it looked fine, looks nice and if no better after 7-14 days then they would get me in and have another look. so, still taking paracetamol and ibuprofen around the clock the pain was terrible, every 4 hours i was taking them and i knew i was overdosing but there was nothing i could do.

i kept looking at it and something didn't look right, at the back of the tooth next to the extraction site, the stitches looked odd pain was bad and knew i couldnt take anymore meds so i called hospital yesterday and went in. they done a few tests and i knew where he was pressing so i said, you're pressing the back of that tooth, are you thinking what im thinking that it has something to do with that? he said yes, e both said infection. so i got an xray and they said they cannot see anything wrong with that tooth but they are going to treat it like and infection.

i had 4 jabs, my lips went numb but nothing else did and she cut the stitches and opened up. they drained the pus and there was dry socket! but while they were cleaning it all i could feel everything, i told them i could, i know you're meant to feel tugging and whatsnot but i mean i could feel the actual scrapping inside with the metal hook, basically i can only describe it as waking up during an op. they may awsell give me no injection. so it was traumatic to say the least, im not scared of dentists or needles but not being able to get numb and having work done is traumatic.

i went home and was so ill, i'd had all that, overdoing on meds and not being off the loo was awful. so far since yesterday ive done well. i slept well and only had 4 paracetamol. BUT, that tooth, i still can't bite down on it and i don't know what to do. have they not got rid of all the pus? is the tooth damaged? although it wasn't on xray. i have just about had enough of all this now. i have a horrible feeling they are going to have to take this tooth out aswell. its all been traumatic for me, i have no family and no friends and no one to talk to about it. does anyone know whats wrong please as i think im going to have to ring tomoro and go back again.

i would like to add,it is not my trigeminal neuralgia playing up all the pain i have had is completely different.
typhoon35 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (11-08-2017)