View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 10:38 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Were those 3 months of being cognitive symptom free during summer break and now you have returned to school and an intense study load?

If I remember, you said something about studying to class.
No, I have dropped studies altogether after the initial symptoms in May.
I also have basically stopped doing anything else (including going out at night, playing sports, watching televions or computer videos etc...) after the recover in August out of fear of compromising the recovery/having a steback.
After the recover I did a lot of low-level cognitive tasks every day despite staying at home and not studiyng in order to monitor my cognitive level, I mean things such as posting on forum of various subject that I'm interested in, accurately describing in my mind simple concepts related to what I was doing,, tryng to find sinynounimos about certain words, making review and analisis about some books that I liked in my mind etc...they are all very simple and spontaneous, not stress-inducing, things that I was not able to do during the original symptomatic phase and that I'm not able to once again now.

There haven't been any difference whatsoever in my everyday level of both physical and cognitive activities and stress between the almost three months in which I have been fine and the current relapse, the only thing that I can think of is the fit of rage that I had on 1st november after which the symptoms slowly started to come back (I had a lot of similar fit of rages during the previous two months and they did not trigger any sympotms, but that was the only time in which I squeezed and lauched objects which I suppose may have strained my neck maybe?)

Quote:
By self-medicating, I mean some people who have high stress levels and live intense lives use intense sports and activities to trigger adrenaline and other chemistries that result in a release of tension after the activity. Runners call it a runner's high.
I have avoided any kind of adrenalinc or physical demanding activities in the last three months out of fear of having a setback.
Danielson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote