View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 11:48 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

By self-medication, I meant your previous activities of combat sports and such are often an indicator of an intense personality. I was not saying you have done them since.

The fits of rage suggests you had built up tension from not having your release activities or other accomplishments. The frustration of doing nothing when one is used to being productive is very stressful. It can cause depression that can cause cognitive struggles.

Your need to do even low level cognitive tasks to continually measure your function during your recovery supports my observation. It appears you demand and expect a lot of yourself. That personality style tends to make recovery difficult.

I've seen this many times. The more somebody demands of themselves and the more they try to define what has happened and is happening, the more and longer they struggle with PCS and the rougher the roller coaster ride.

When they finally give in to the need to let go of a need to understand everything and just go with the flow, they slowly start to see improvements.

As I said, some need medication to help them let go. The vitamin supplement regimen is a good start until you can find a doctor who understands these issues.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote