View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 11:01 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

You don't need to read the whole vitamin thread. The first post has a link to post #101 with the updated information. NeuroTalk Support Groups - View Single Post - Vitamin and Supplements Regimen
Ignore the rest of the posts.

Here are the basics:
  • B-12 (500 to 1000 mcgs daily or more) Methylcobalamin, taken on an empty stomach or sublingually (let it dissolve under your tongue).
  • a B-50 complex, for all the other B's so you get a good balance of B's
  • a high potency multi-vitamin for all of the trace amounts. If it has good B's, you can leave the B-50 Complex out.
  • Niacin, 200 to 500 mgs
  • Some extra anti-oxidants, Vit C (500 to 1000 mgs) and Vit E 400 IU's
  • D3, plenty of this, 1000 to 5000 IU's
  • Omega 3 fish oil, with a proper balance of DHA and EPA
  • Calcium with magnesium, 500 mgs per day Magnesium needs to not be mag oxide. mag citrate is easy to find.
  • Curcumin, concentrated curcumin with pepper extract.

There is depression that does not manifest as sadness. It just impacts cognitive function. It may manifest as frustration or apathy. It may also manifest as anxiety where one gets caught thinking about the same issues over and over. Think of it as like a car that is spinning its wheels. It is not going anywhere but it is putting wear and tear on the tires and drive train without the forward movement that normally helps air move into the fan to cool the engine.

You are used to achievement and productivity but are currently stuck in slow motion. It is frustrating and that frustration can build so a simple external stimuli (family issue or such) can cause an outburst.

[The studies show that those who learn to accept their brain as injured and work within its limits will do much better. Those who constantly fight every little setback will live a life of misery.]
[Do you mean that their symptoms actually improve, or that they learn to not being too bothered by their presence?]

They learn to or choose to not be bothered by their symptoms. They usually reinvent themselves, at least for the present time, so they can move ahead with their life. They let go of struggling parts of their lives and replace them with activities that are not a struggle.

Sometimes, one can just change how they perform a specific activity/task. Using pencil and paper to process ideas that previously were done in thought only.

The NO SCREENS is not as big of an issue for most people except for video games. If you can tolerate watching a TV show without becoming agitated or fatigued, it is OK. For me, I needed head phones to listen to the voices so they were not lost in the ambient sounds of the room.

I had to limit the types of reading I did. Fiction was too much struggle to keep track of the abstract details. Some writing styles were just too much work.

Are there any manual activities that you can spend time doing? Drawing, sketching, model building, playing a musical instrument, etc. can be activities that keep the mind and hands engaged without too much cognitive load.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote