Thread: Echo Dot
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm really impressed by those of you setting up your smart homes. I worked with technology for over 20 years and I'm slacking in this area. I have a Wemo switch that I use for the holiday lights but that's it.

I sold these products when I was still working. I have a smartwatch that syncs with my phone and a Fitbit for sleep tracking but that's about it for me. I think my hesitation comes from the cost. If I had a device connected to Amazon I would spend more money on things I really don't need.

I have an older Bose speaker that I keep in the bathroom so I can listen to the news while I take my shower. I click on the app to start the music and it works well for me. I talked to DH about a smart thermostat, garage door controller and Ring video doorbell but he didn't have much interest.

One thing I would like someday when the price is even lower is the video camera setup to monitor the cats when we go on short vacations. They can stay alone for up to 4 days safely but I'd feel better if I could see them moving about the house.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (11-09-2017)