View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 08:40 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

First of all, I want to thank you a lot for your help and patience, it means truly a lot for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
You don't need to read the whole vitamin thread. The first post has a link to post #101 with the updated information. NeuroTalk Support Groups - View Single Post - Vitamin and Supplements Regimen
Ignore the rest of the posts.

Here are the basics:
  • B-12 (500 to 1000 mcgs daily or more) Methylcobalamin, taken on an empty stomach or sublingually (let it dissolve under your tongue).
  • a B-50 complex, for all the other B's so you get a good balance of B's
  • a high potency multi-vitamin for all of the trace amounts. If it has good B's, you can leave the B-50 Complex out.
  • Niacin, 200 to 500 mgs
  • Some extra anti-oxidants, Vit C (500 to 1000 mgs) and Vit E 400 IU's
  • D3, plenty of this, 1000 to 5000 IU's
  • Omega 3 fish oil, with a proper balance of DHA and EPA
  • Calcium with magnesium, 500 mgs per day Magnesium needs to not be mag oxide. mag citrate is easy to find.
  • Curcumin, concentrated curcumin with pepper extract.
Thanks a lot, I will try to follow it as soon as possible.
Only thing, it's possible to have side effect from these supplements that will actually worsen my condition or compromise my chance of recovering?
Also, the fact that I'm pretty small (around 5'6 and 120 lbs) is going to affect the amount of dosage that is raccomended for me?

Quote:
The NO SCREENS is not as big of an issue for most people except for video games. If you can tolerate watching a TV show without becoming agitated or fatigued, it is OK. For me, I needed head phones to listen to the voices so they were not lost in the ambient sounds of the room.
In the first phase of my recover (around mid August), when I was symptoms free, I played videogames for a week and it did not have any negative effect on my condition.
What do you think about that?

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, during the fit of rage after which I had the relapse, I also rubbed a small cutlery knife against the edge of a wooden chair cutting it slightly, and the sound of that made me quite unconfortable on the moment.
It's possible that this noise is the reason of my relapse? Event tough during this three months I have endured a lot of types of high-pitched sounds without problems?

Quote:
Are there any manual activities that you can spend time doing? Drawing, sketching, model building, playing a musical instrument, etc. can be activities that keep the mind and hands engaged without too much cognitive load.
Unfortunately there are no manual activities in which I'm halfway decent at, nor that I like/in which I am interested.
I have alredy tried to do them to spend time but it was nothing but frustrating.
Danielson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote