View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 09:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

War, the big money machine. I recall somone saying to me war seems to come along every 10 or so years. At first I was sceptical it seems they had the gist of things, WW1, WW11, Korean War, Cambodian Civil War, Vietnam War, "The Cold War" Iran - Iraq war, Falklands war, Afghanistan war, The Gulf War, Croatian war of independence, Sierra Leone, Algerian civil war, Somali civil war, Afghanistan war (again), Bosnian war, Nepalese civil war, Al Qaeda, Chechen war, War on terror, Afghanistan again, Taliban Insurgency. Probably there are many more but these are ones I know of through various friends, family members etc, and I've not even mentioned those that occurred before WW1. Yes you would think we would have learned the lessons of loss of life and yet here we are with DJT and KJU .... we send our young off to fight these wars, my nephew now 26 is brain damaged for life, blown up not once but twice, joined up at 17, medical discharge at 23. Best friend died alongside him. He will never live a normal life, triggered by so many things, at times since even his brother and father have been in fear OF him. We all fear FOR him.

Sorry for rambling. Must be the drugs again while I'm back here in hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niggs View Post
Thank you for sharing this Pamela, my folks perished in the 'Pals' battalions on the first day of the Somme.
I remember reading that more men have died by their own hand Post Falklands than by enemy action during............and so it goes on.

Last edited by PamelaJune; 11-10-2017 at 06:53 PM.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (11-10-2017), Niggs (11-10-2017)