View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 12:23 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

A skin contusion is not enough to cause a relapse. The tenderness can cause an anxious focus that can magnify even very minor existing symptoms.

You anger puts yourself at risk of falling, busting bones or knuckles, angering somebody who may strike out at you, and more. The blood pressure spike could cause a stroke.

I don't know what law enforcement is like where you live but in the US, an outburst like you describe can cause an arrest and jail. A psychiatric assessment could also be ordered. Those can be very traumatic. I have a family member who has experience in this area. It was traumatic on him and the whole family.

I over-react to aggressive speech. I have been denied boarding an airplane flight because I reacted to a body pat down at the airport when the contact was a bit too intimate. I just get loud. I carry an explanation in my wallet to hand to the authority person when there is a likely stressful event. I KNOW THIS SUBJECT both personally and regarding my brother.

The side-effects of medication are far less that the risk of an explosion until you have time to learn the skills to lower your intensity.

How old are you? 19 or 20? Your brain's ability to get control over your anger will continue to be weak until your late 20s. Family issues are common triggers. PCS just makes those triggers worse. The cognitive struggle of confusion as you try to make sense of family events that are already difficult to make sense of is a recipe for disaster.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote