View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 12:47 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
A skin contusion is not enough to cause a relapse. The tenderness can cause an anxious focus that can magnify even very minor existing symptoms.

You anger puts yourself at risk of falling, busting bones or knuckles, angering somebody who may strike out at you, and more. The blood pressure spike could cause a stroke.

Now that I think about it, when I was at the pinnacle of my last outburst I experienced some intermittent pain in my chest for a few seconds.
It's possible that the worsening of my symtpoms is due to the excess of blood pressure?
In that case, should they come back to normal or could the damage be irreversible?
I also think that it is worth to note that, during the first month and half after my car accident, getting enraged usually improved by cognitive and thinking ability for a short amount of time (a couple of hours to a day roughly)

Quote:
I don't know what law enforcement is like where you live but in the US, an outburst like you describe can cause an arrest and jail. A psychiatric assessment could also be ordered. Those can be very traumatic. I have a family member who has experience in this area. It was traumatic on him and the whole family.
I'm sorry to hear about your traumatic experience.

Quote:
How old are you? 19 or 20? Your brain's ability to get control over your anger will continue to be weak until your late 20s. Family issues are common triggers. PCS just makes those triggers worse. The cognitive struggle of confusion as you try to make sense of family events that are already difficult to make sense of is a recipe for disaster.
I will try to get a grip and to get used to this kind of things/be less bothered by them.
I'm 21 by the way.
Danielson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote