Thread: Hi back again
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 09:29 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Did they give you a back brace for after your surgery?

Welcome back! I had similar surgery to you and slipped and fell onto my side and hip about 3 months after. Luckily it didn't mess up anything with the surgery, but I do believe it shifted the hardware a little bit. Anyway, I had been given a brace to wear after the surgery for 6 weeks that was a hard shell but the inside was softer. When I feel my back is compromised, or if I need to do something that maybe not be the best thing for my back I put the soft shell part on. It helps my alignment but even better it stops me from doing things that are not good for my back. Kinda like an instant reminder.

The physio or PT will be the best thing for you in my opinion. Mine has literally done for me what drugs couldn't. If you have any questions please PM me. It sounds like there are similarities here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilfromOz View Post
Hi Elaine, the scans they took after the fall didn't show any additional damage and that everything was still intact thank goodness. Just started physio yesterday and hopefully will strengthen my back and core muscles. Thanks for the advice ,I will certainly speak with my doctor about the Amitriptyline.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
St George 2013 (11-13-2017)