View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 05:19 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default The proces of recovery

I have a question for the people who have been on this board for a while. I know this is a question thqt cannot be easily answered. But i wondered how does recovery occur? How does the proces go? Some members have been around for a while so you must have seen a lot of people who got better.

For ex. It has been almost 4 months for me. And the way to recovery has been with many ups and downs and isn't linear. The first 2 months were horrible. I could fill a whole page with symptoms. I felt really bad all the time. In that period i often had 1 or 2 good days followed by 4 very bad days. Now, almost 4 months later. I only have 3 symtoms left (sleep issues, fatigue and tinnitus).

The way symptoms dissapeared weren't linear. Some dissapeared and never came back. Some dissapeared, came back later and then went away again. Besides that, some magically went away from one day to another. But most gradually went away. Like blurred vision, just went away like that and never came back. But for ex. Seeing spots went away very slowly over the course of 3 months. I would keep seeing less and less spots (some days more) and now its gone.

I think this is actually what makes pcs so scary sometines. Because it goes so slowly and sometimes it comes back for a while. I guess with this question i need some reassurance that everything will be alright.

For my remaining symptoms the recovery has been a very bumpy road. I had bad insomnia. Difficult falling a sleep and keep waking up every (half) hour. Then is started to have some night where i only woke up 4 times. Now, i only wake up about 4 times a night and only have a few bad night where i wake up a lot. Last week i even had a night where i slept 6 hours on end. Same with the tinnitus. Since a few days my left ear isn't continuious anymore. I only hear it a few times a day in my left ear. Right ear is still continuous, but i also got somewhat better. It's also with a lot ups and downs. Do know, that a month ago the tinnitus was so bad i could hear it over almost everything. Now i can sit in a quit room for most of the time with no problem.

The biggest problem for me is the fatigue. Because of that i have been living a sheltered life for the past months. I only went outside when needed. I tried going on small walks but i would collpase after 10 minutes of walking. I did got better. Untill 2 weeks ago, i would always wake up and wish for the day to end as fast a possible. I was that fatigued. I couldn't do anything but just sit and rest. Nowadays i can do small chores with a lot of resting in between. But is still nowhere close to normal. The fatigue is the thing that scares me the most. Because it has been the most persistent symptom and betters extremly slow. It also has taken a toll on my relationship. My husband (god bless him) has to do everything for me. He has been so good, but i notice that he has a lot to endure because of this situation.

So most of the time i think that this will all be over someday because there has been tremendous progress. I'm actually suprised that I've been able to heal from so many symptoms. And i am very grateful for that . But other moments is still get scared and think "will i ever get better?". Do you guys see this recovery proces with other people? Where the improvements are on and of for a few weeks and then are there to stay. And is fatigue often the last thing to dissapear? I like to think of it as my body that is putting all it's energy into healing.

Anyways thanks for reading this long post. I know this isn't something that can be easily answered and it just about being patient.
Lebber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote