Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 11:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well...my trial ended a day early (sort of). For some reason the stimulator just turned off. I noticed because my pain levels slowly went up throughout the morning and when I went to connect it to the controller to try to turn it up...it wouldn't connect and then gave a message that the stimulator was off. Best guess is that last night with all my tossing and turning that I pulled something loose and it shut down. I called my rep and since the leads are coming out tomorrow anyway we decided to just leave it off. I AM relieved that the pain is gradually increasing...I was worried it was going to be like BAM there's that level 8 pain again and I wouldn't be able to handle it. It's been slowly increasing all day and is up to about a 7 now...almost at the previous baseline...but it's taken all day to get there and unlike a flare up where the increase is instant...this was easier to tolerate. I'm sad the trial and relief are ending...and that it will be 4 weeks until the permanent unit goes in...but I'm REALLY looking forward to not having the wires and stuff on my back and to taking a nice, warm bath. <3
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (11-17-2017)