Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 12:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My appointment yesterday to get the leads removed from the trial went pretty well. They were running WAY behind...doctor didn't come into the room until 2 hours after my scheduled appointment time (this wasn't my regular doctor but the doctor that was just there that day since it's not my doctor's normal day but the leads had to come out). I did jump off about 6 inches off the table when they pulled one of the leads due to a shock in the back of my left thigh...that was weird and I felt a sort of buzzing sensation for a few hours after but it seems gone now. Pulling the tape off...awful.

One unexpected thing...I have a burn where the one cord was and where the rectangular unit was taped to my back (not where the tape was...but where these things were touching my skin). They said they are friction burns...so not from heat off the unit but more from the rubbing against my skin for 10 days. So those spots are a extra tender today but not too bad. The doctor didn't seem at all surprised or concerned so I am guessing this is normal...but I was surprised.

The rep from St. Jude's went over a few more details about the permanent implant including that I will be getting a non-rechargeable unit...which I am happy about because I am so sensitive to the touch that I was worried about how I would do with a rechargeable unit because I know some people have issues with sensitivity due to the charging. The unit will be placed on the right side of my back.

Very excited...less than 4 weeks until my surgery and...hopefully...a treatment that provides me with consistent GOOD relief!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (11-17-2017)