View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 03:35 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Teo,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Your experience is common. The car bumps were not concussive and did not cause damage. They may have aggravated a neck injury. Your anxiety response is sort of like PTSD. It can help if you roll your shoulders, head and neck forward when you know the road is getting bumpy. This will allow better absorption of the bumps.

If the 'pain in specific spots on your head' means headaches, try some ibuprofen or such. If they are at the bony spot behind your ears, they suggest neck muscle spasms. Try icing the back of your neck and head.

Your admission that you feel more anxious suggests these can also be remembered symptoms from last spring. Your mind can replay symptoms as part of increased anxiety.

Getting over this anxiousness about another concussion can be a challenge. It can help to think, "Would I have been concerned about this xyz bump prior to my concussion last February?" The answer is usually NO.
Thanks Mark, you're right i realize now it was probably just anxiety but thank you for your quick response. It seems that my anxiety has skyrocketed the past few week and am going to see a psychologist to help deal with this.

Teo
Teo21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote