View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 05:08 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineD View Post
Well, I'm no expert, and not a medical professional, but I really don't think that SFN is controlled by diet. You may 'feel better' over all with a gluten free diet, no alcohol in your diet, but damage to your SFN isn't related directly to diet. Some of the pain of neuropathy related to either diabetes or Celiac Disease can be eased by changes in diet, however.

I take 3600 mg of Gabapentin, daily, to manage the pain of my SFN.

It is suspected that both my profound PN and my SFN are the result of attacks by my Disordered Immune System, probably using Cytokines. I have other organ/system damage, as well: moisture system (eyes, mouth), lungs, ears, bladder.

Do you know what causes your SFN?

Regards, ElaineD
I do not know the cause. According to my neuro there is no support for anything autoimmune and in terms of deficiences they have tested for the B12 and other stuff. It did come on hard after a period over immense stress and a long flu-like infection which lasted for a month or so while I was having panic attacks. Could it be that my own body is attacking me (say, chronic inflammation) and it still does not show up on an autoimmune test? I am quite new to this and my doctors does not seems to know at all about neuropathy other then in the case of where it is induced by diabetes.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Are you managing well with the gaba for pain relieve? And have you found anything that helps to stop decline/recover?
SwedishYogi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote