View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 11:28 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Advice on Concussion-related anxiety?

Hi everyone,

I've had PCS for over three years now, and while I'm improved a lot, one of the hardest aspects has been dealing with concussion-related anxiety and obsessions. Often when I sustain some kind of minor impact or shaking to the head, like a hug or sitting down too fast, I'll get exaggerated symptoms which will last for several days. And during these experiences, even though I know that I couldn't have damaged myself with a small level of impact, for some reason I really struggle with being able to "reset" myself and relax the stress hormones that are giving me symptoms.

Many posts here over the years have talked about similar experiences, and I'm wondering if anyone has advice on dealing with concussion anxiety? I currently do two things to try to deal with it, but neither of them are completely effective. Sometimes I will try to distract myself by watching a movie or TV, which is nice in the moment, and I don't have symptoms while watching, but when I turn it off and get on with whatever else I'm doing the symptoms return just the same.

Thanks so much for reading!!
red90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote