Thread: Thanksgiving
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 08:36 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I guess we are going to have dinner at my aunt's this year, but my sister said she had to "reach out" to her. It is weird because my aunt said she is only making the turkey and potatoes, and asked us to buy the rest, and she expects a big dinner. I have a feeling my sister bought/is buying the turkey... I am making stuffing and bringing a bunch of things... it feels like I'm bringing the other half of the dinner. To my knowledge, and it would be no surprise, my brother isn't bringing anything.

My aunt has had money problems and my sister and other aunt have loaned her money. By the time she asked me (VERY rudely), I already knew how much money, THOUSANDS of dollars, my father had repeatedly given her. I said I couldn't... Since then she sold her shares in the family business and received THOUSANDS more, and is apparently still in trouble/in trouble again...

Since we started talking about dinner on Thursday, my aunt has started texting a lot to complain about the long hours she's working and it seems like she is struggling with mental health issues (?). I hadn't heard a word from her since I said I couldn't loan her any money before now. I think she's going to try to hit us all up for money Thursday.

I will not be eating much or staying long. I have a feeling Thanksgiving at her house will be miserable, and I will be making dinner for Corey and me later anyway (I prep everything the night before).
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-20-2017), Mari (11-20-2017), mymorgy (11-20-2017)