Old 11-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

O.k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davOD View Post
Yes I worked for 27 years, and one day never was able to work again...I was making 6 figures at the time, so my SSDI isnt even close to what I made, but it is something!

SSDI is NOT welfare, as much as they try and repeat the lies over and over..

I have not gotten my paperwork to see what will happen with my benefits, but it will be like everyone else..

Yes, its very sad, and I wish the people who keep taking from us, their own disability purgatory!
Many politicians and the public at large don't understand the difference between SSI and SSDI. SSI is essentially welfare and since welfare reform some parents aggressively pursue SSI for their children, which can frustrate SS staff.

This debate between Bill O'Reilly and John Stewart goes into SS disability and welfare around the 25 minute mark. Although Stewart tries to defend SS disability, neither seem to understand that there are two separate programs or even why there is an increase of applications and approvals. (Baby Boomers are getting older and their bodies are breaking down and some are qualifying via the GRID is a big part of the equation.) O'Reilly vs Stewart debate - YouTube

Anyone wanting to have a good idea of what some reforms conservatives will pursue should look at the articles at the Heritage Foundation going back a few years. They'd like to revise or terminate the Grid Rules, potentially terminate all SSI or SSI for minors, etc. Social Security | The Heritage Foundation
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (11-20-2017), echoes long ago (11-20-2017), RSD ME (11-21-2017)