View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 07:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I’ve been on the Duodopa system for 14 months with much success. If you respond well to levocarb, Duodopa can possibly be titrated to a level that will greatly improve your on time. The pros and cons are too complicated to explain in a few paragraphs, but I believe the pros out weigh the cons. Pm me if you want more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolot View Post
79 yo, diagnosed 2001.

Has anyone had experience with duodopa or duopa pump. What are the pros and cons? I am currently taking prolopa 150mg (s/a madopar) (s/a sinemet) with comtan eight times a day at 90 minutes spacing. I also take gabapentin 600mg x3/d, clonazepam 1mg x3/d, mirtazapine 35mg x1/d.

I consistently 'wear-off' at around 10.30am till 2pm. I discontinue my prolopa at 4.30pm as I am unable to sleep with the prolopa in my system, and when it wears off I will be awake most of the night with dyskinesia. I experience dyskinesia in my right foot off and on during the day but it is severe starting at about 7pm and can last for two to three hours making me feel really worn out and weak when I go to bed.

My neurologist has offered to provide the duodopa pump. I would like to hear from patients who have experienced the pump and how it affected their symptoms.

I am worried about cognitive decline with the additional amount of l-dopa constantly in my brain. Is this something that I should be concerned about?

I live alone and am concerned about the pump maintenance and also the loading of the gel.

Any information is appreciated.
canuk2112 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote