View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 05:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

OK, anger can be a pain killer too.

They are putting new asphalt on the streets here, so I have to park the car about 2 miles away from the house to be sure I can go to shops etc.

Yesterday, I did just that. Walked 2 miles to my car. Bought all I needed, put it in 3 different bags, so that I only needed to take one with the ingredients for tonight's meal. Clever! Organized! I would then go to my car the next day to drive it here and unload the rest.

My feet were hurting a bit from all the work lately, but OK, it's 2 miles (well, 4, walking back), I'll survive.

I get home, unpack, and notice... wait.... I didn't really....?

I had left the most important ingredient in the car boot. Wrong bag. I started swearing like a sailor, put my shoes back on, walked the 2 miles to my car still swearing, took the remaining heavy bags, and walked back (swearing) home. Somehow, my feet hurt much less that second trip - I think it's the swearing that did it. The guys who were working on the roads looked at me a bit funny - heheh. They only saw this tall guy swearing and running around a few times with bags of groceries.
"Thanks for this!" says:
coopster (12-31-2017), PamelaJune (11-23-2017), SecondChances (11-23-2017)