View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 10:20 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

Wide-O, two miles? I would need starve. That is crazy.
Well smoking def makes my neuropathy worse. I was suspicious but now I am convinced. I only smoke outside as of late and first thing in the morning I go out for my first smoke. I walk out pretty good but need stumble back due to the weakness in my legs. Unfortunately I am stuck at 10 per day and can't seem to wean down farther. I will charge my e-cig and see if that can bring me closer to a quit.
For whatever reason that intense burning has improved greatly though that rapid firing of the nerves continues and that horrible leg weakness is ever present though I haven't needed my cane in over 3 weeks so that marks improvement. In the evening my feet feel like they are freezing yet they are warm to the touch so I am not sure what that is about but sure beats the painful burning. It is still too early to tell if this is progress or just a temporary reprieve. I have been here before only to have been deceived and the slide backwards is emotionally painful. Time will tell but I am feeling better than I have in a long time so I will keep the faith.
As always I thank you for all the support this lifeline offers. If I read back my posts I always sound so negative and whiny but this is the only place I can vent openly and honestly. A non-alcoholic could never understand why we chose the drink over our health and sobriety makes that a painful reality and a choice we cannot undo. I have known two alcoholics that continued to drink even though they were advised by their doctors that if they continued they would die. They died. One was on the transplant list only to get kicked off and the other was given a few months to live should he not quit and he seemingly didn't even try. He was only in his mid thirties. I think of them often.
"Thanks for this!" says:
coopster (12-31-2017), kiwi33 (11-24-2017), PamelaJune (11-24-2017), Wide-O (11-23-2017)