View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 08:39 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I've been struggling the last little while with quite a lot of symptoms and I was wondering what others do when they are overstimulated. I'm also curious if the vestibular therapy that I've started could be part of the reason for my increase in symptoms.

About 10 days ago I started doing some vestibular eye exercises that were prescribed by a vestibular therapist. I do three exercises:

I place a post-it note with a letter on it a meter or two in front of me. I keep my eyes on the letter and rotate my neck back and forth relatively quickly while keeping the letter crisp in my vision. I do both side to side and up and down for 30 seconds each with about 3 changes of direction per second.

In the second exercise I use two post-its and keep my head still while I quickly move my eyes back and forth between the notes. I do side to side and up and down for 20 seconds each.

The last exercise involves closing my eyes and turning my head to the side and attempting to bring it back to the starting point. I do left and right 10 times each.

I do a set of these three exercises three times a day and I think I'm starting to see some improvement in balance.

I've started having more headaches in the past week. I even have some headaches upon waking. Headaches have not been a particularly big issue for me before this point (although brain-pressure and brain-fatigue have been).
I've also had a lot of the brain pressure and fatigue. This symptom is usually the most indicative symptom of my having done too much mental activity, but I'm finding it coming on with less activity.

Some days I feel pretty overstimulated with many hours left in the day to go even though I'm pretty conservative in my activities. I'm trying to figure out what to do when most activities seem to exacerbate symptoms. I don't want to spend too much time sitting in the dark and potentially affecting my sleep as sleep has been a big issue for me. I also don't want to put strain on my symptoms when I'm feeling stimulated.
jtoronto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote